Dr. Mercola has posted a very interesting article about this that I really felt I should share with you. I posted the link on our Face Book page.
Basically, the stats are that there are more heart attacks, suicides and car accidents on the Monday/week following DLT. There is also less productivity. Go to our Face Book page and follow the link to Dr. Mercola’s story and video. It’s very interesting. If you like what you see, ‘Like’ us:
Actually you probably won’t like what you hear about this phenomenon but there are some things that you can do to safe guard.
Safe Guards for the Spring-Forward
University of Alabama Associate Professor Martin Young suggests the following natural strategies to help your body resync after the time change:
1. Wake up 30 minutes earlier on Saturday and Sunday, to minimize the impact of getting up earlier on Monday morning (Your kidding, right? No, I’m kidding…it’s only ½ an hour and it will really help.)
2. Eat a nutritious breakfast (not cold cereal- Chuck that stuff out!) See NIN attachment for my nutrition book-a gift:)
3. Go outside in the sunlight in the early morning (raise your palms up to the light to absorb it well-they are your solar panels.)
4. Exercise in the mornings over the weekend, in accordance with your overall level of health and fitness (walking is good)
5. Consider setting your clock ahead on Friday evening, allowing an extra day to adjust over the weekend (just make sure you don’t show up for you appointments late. LOL)
Pay attention to your diet, making sure you are consuming plenty of fresh, whole foods, preferably organic, and minimal amounts of processed foods and fast foods; keep your sugar consumption very low, especially fructose. Use good fats like coconut oil, red palm oil, olive oil or organic butter.
Practice good sleep hygiene, including sleeping in complete darkness, checking your bedroom for EMFs, and keeping your bedroom temperature no higher than 70 degrees. See the attachment about the underlying causes of sleep loss. We have EMF protectors available if you think you need them too.
Optimize your vitamin D levels. We use Biotics Research Bio D Mulsion Forte.
Manage your stress with whatever stress-busting techniques work for you. We have a stress test to determine your stressor type if you need help with this.
Consider supplementing with melatonin if you have trouble sleeping. We can get Insomnia HP (homeopathic drops) from Dr. Clarke at BioActives or VHP (valerian, hops, passion flower) from Biotics as some people feel hung over using Melatonin.